Ken Mcleod is an award winning Scottish author of "hard" science fiction. His work tends to explore ideas of socialist, anarchist and communist political views along with anarcho-capitalism or extreme economic libertarianism.
Most of his work has running themes of a techno-utopian outlook with divergent evolution, cybernetics and advanced AI. There is much dry humour in his novels with subtle puns and jokes about the differences between socialist ideologies and computer programming along with jokes about zoology and palaeontology.
- Newton's Wake: A Space Opera (2004)
- Learning the World: A Novel of First Contact (2005)
- The Highway Men (2006)
- The Execution Channel (2007)
- The Night Sessions (2008)
- The Restoration Game (2010)
Fall Revolution series
Engines of Light Trilogy
The Human Front (2003)