Compton Crook Award
The Compton Crook Award is run by the members of the Baltimore Science Fiction Society and awards the best first novel of the previous year, announced during thier annual convention "Balticon" which is held on Memorial Day weekend in Baltimore, USA.
- 2010 - The Windup Girl Paolo Bacigalupi
- 2009 - Singularity's Ring Paul Melko
- 2008 - One Jump Ahead Mark L. Van Name
- 2007 - His Majesty's Dragon Naomi Novik
- 2006 - Poison Study Maria V. Snyder
- 2005 - Ghosts in the Snow Tamara Siler Jones
- 2004 - Way of the Wolf E. E. Knight
- 2003 - Devlin's Luck Patricia Bray
- 2002 - Alien Taste Wen Spencer
- 2001 - Murphy's Gambit Syne Mitchell
- 2000 - Flesh and Silver Stephen L. Burns
- 1999 - The High House James Stoddard
- 1998 - The Merro Tree Katie Waitman
- 1997 - Celestial Matters Richard Garfinkle
- 1996 - The Gatekeepers Daniel Graham Jr.
- 1995 - Dun Lady's Jess Doranna Durgin
- 1994 - The Drylands Mary Rosenblum
- 1993 - Fire in the Mist Holly Lisle
- 1992 - Reefsong Carol Severance
- 1991 - In the Country of the Blind Michael Flynn
- 1990 - The Shining Falcon Josepha Sherman
- 1989 - Sheepfarmer's Daughter Elizabeth Moon
- 1988 - Liege-Killer Christopher Hinz
- 1987 - Doomsday Effect Thomas Wren
- 1986 - Infinity's Web Sheila Finch
- 1985 - Emergence David R. Palmer
- 1984 - War For Eternity Christopher Rowley
- 1983 - Courtship Rite Donald Kingsbury
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
A Message from SFBook
SFBook is entirely funded by Ant including hosting, development and any other costs.
If you enjoy the site please consider a small donation towards the cost of the upkeep and development of SFBook.